When is National Seafood Month?
The month of October is always National Seafood Month.
Some calendars say it's the month of June
What is this Holiday for?
National Seafood month is when we celebrate the love of seafood by cooking up some of our favorite seafood dishes. It's a time to celebrate the ocean and all it has to offer.
Definition of Seafood
Seafood is any sea animal or seaweed that is served as food or is suitable for eating, particularly seawater animals, such as fish and shellfish (including mollusks and crustaceans). By extension, in North America although not generally in the United Kingdom, the term seafood is also applied to similar animals from fresh water and all edible aquatic animals are collectively referred to as seafood.
Edible seaweeds are also seafood, and are widely eaten around the world.
Fun Seafood Facts
- It takes four to seven years for an American lobster to grow to one pound. Lobsters can grow up to 45 pounds!
- According to the National Fisheries Institute, the average American eats more than 15 pounds of seafood each year, consuming about 4.2 pounds of shrimp.
The Ocean is a wonderous place that's why we have listed some bubbling games that pertain to the aquatic beauty of the Sea.
How can I Celebrate National Seafood Month?
- Get outside and get to grilling that seafood! - Hillbillies love to BBQ any kind of varment they can catch. But if you live in the modern world you may like to visit our Grilling & BBQ Directory to learn great grilling tips and recipes.
- Blog with us about it! - We have a blog called "Everyday is a Holiday" so visit our pages and tell us about your favorite cleaning day or your favorite cleaner recipe.
- Send Free E-Greeting! - If your ready to get together with your Hillbilly friends don't forget to invite them with these fun Internet Invitations.
Can you name 10 things your grateful for today?
I'm grateful for all the seafood available to eat.
I'm grateful for pets which help us heal emotionally.
I'm grateful for the entertainment that animals bring.
I'm grateful for great neighbors who help me catch run away pets.
I'm grateful for the sound of the ocean as it waves crash on the shore.
I'm grateful for the singing birds in the morning.